frmcmp_batch or frmcmp_batch.sh is a UNIX level utility to compile custom form(.fmb) and libraries(.pll) in Oracle Apps R12. This is a very easy-to-use command. It does supports a lot of options, you can simply use the below command to compile a form abc.fmb
frmcmp_batch abc.fmb apps/$apps_password
frmcmp_batch Module= Userid=<userid/password> [Parameters]
Optional parameters are (default values given):
Steps to compile custom form (.fmb)
- Open Putty and login to the Oracle Applications UNIX server (apps tier).
- sftp custom form(.fmb) file from a source location to $AU_TOP/forms/US. You can also move it to the respective custom top like $XXINV_TOP/forms/US, if you do not have access to $AU_TOP.
- Set FORMS_PATH as shown below.
Note: – Above step is applicable only when you are compiling the form on the respective custom top.
- Run the below command to compile the form
frmcmp_batch custom_form.fmb apps/$apps_password
This starts the compilation of the form and logs messages are displayed on the terminal. This command informs you at the end of *.fmx is created or not.
If you get an error like bad bind variable ‘parameter.G_query_find’ then that means you are compiling on custom top and not set the forms_path variable or you have not set form development environment during the development of the custom form.
Steps to compile PLL (CUSTOM.pll Library)
- Open Putty and login to the Oracle Applications UNIX server( apps tier).
- sftp custom.pll file from a source location to $AU_TOP/resource/US.
- Run the below command to compile the library
frmcmp_batch custom.pll apps/$apps_password module_type=LIBRARY
You can also use the same command if you create a custom library(.pll) file.
We have covered how to use the frmcmp_batch command to compile form and pll library. I hope you found this useful. Please share and subscribe.