FRM-10102: Cannot attach PL/SQL library APPCORE. This library attachment will be lost if the module is saved error tells you that Form Builder is not able to attach the concerned library (ABC) when you open the TEMPLATE.fmb Form in Oracle Apps or forms_path is incorrect or missing.
Where ABC library could be any of these standard libraries mentioned below,
- APPCORE, APPDAYPK, GLOBE, FNDSQF
- JA, JE, JL, VERT, GHR, PQH_GEN,PSAC
- CUSTOM, OPM,
- VERT1, VERT2, VERT3, VERT4, VERT5
Let’s understand the error
You take the TEMPLATE.fmb master form before creating the custom form. It has all dependent objects like block, windows, and PLL which has commonly functionally required to make form works in Oracle Apps Environment.
When you open the TEMPLATE.fmb file in the form builder, it checks for all dependent objects in the path mentioned in the FORMS_PATH variable. On Windows, it is C:\DevSuiteHome_1\forms\ for Developer suite 10G and C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_FRHome1\forms\ for 11G developer suite.
If any of the files it finds missing, you get this error.
Then how-to resolve this error. Simply, copy the respective PLL to FORMS_PATH mentioned above.
Still getting the error then manually attach the file as explained below,
- Open TEMPLATE.fmb in Oracle Form Builder.
- Select the attached libraries node. Click + sign on the right-hand side toolbar.
- Search the respective pll file.
- Click the Attach and then Remove the hard path button.
- This attaches the library to the form. The pll library should be visible under the same node
- Do not save the form.
- Close the form and open it again till there is no error.
This resolves the error for that PLL. You may get the error for other libraries if you are opening TEMPLATE.fmb first time in the form builder. In this case, follow the above procedure and attach each library one by one. Note, you should not save the form till the time all errors are resolved.
Refer setup custom form development environment in Oracle Apps article for detailed step-by-step instructions.
Still getting this issue that means your forms_path is not set properly. You can set the forms_path variable using the steps given below,
- Open system property
- Add variable forms_path
- Enter the path where you copied the PLL
- Click to restart System
- Now open the form, the error should not come.
We have shown you how to resolve the FRM-10102 error. I hope you found it useful.
Please share and subscribe.
Reference – Form Builder Errors On Startup FRM-10102: Cannot attach PL/SQL library APPCORE (Doc ID 2003579.1)