FRM-10102: Cannot attach PL/SQL library APPCORE. This library attachment will be lost if the module is saved error tells you that Form Builder is not able to attach the concerned library (XXX) when you open the TEMPLATE.fmb Form in Oracle Apps or forms_path is incorrect or missing.
Where XXX library could be any of these standard libraries mentioned below,
- APPCORE, APPDAYPK, GLOBE, FNDSQF
- JA, JE, JL, VERT, GHR, PQH_GEN,PSAC
- CUSTOM, OPM,
- VERT1, VERT2, VERT3, VERT4, VERT5
TEMPLATE.fmb is a master form created by Oracle which you take before creating the custom form. It has all dependent objects like block, windows, and PLL which has common functionally required to make form works in Oracle Apps Environment.
When you open TEMPLATE.fmb file in the form builder, it checks for all dependent object in the path mentioned in the FORMS_PATH variable. On Windows, it is C:\DevSuiteHome_1\forms\ for Developer suite 10G and C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_FRHome1\forms\ for 11G developer suite.
Steps to resolve the FRM-10102: Cannot attach PL/SQL library APPCORE. This library attachment will be lost if the module is saved.
- Copy respective PLL to FORMS_PATH
- Open TEMPLATE.fmb form
- This error should not come now.
If you still get the error then manually attach the file as below
- Select the attached libraries node and click on + sign on the right-hand side toolbar
- This opens the browser windows. Search the respective file and click on Attach
- Remove the hard path.
- The library gets attached and should be visible under the same node
- Do not save the form
- Close the form and open it again.
The error should get resolved for that PLL. You may get the error for other libraries if you are opening TEMPLATE.fmb first time in the form builder. In this case, follow the above procedure and attach each library. Note, you should not save form till the time all errors are resolved.
Still getting this issue that means your forms_path is not set properly.
Follow below steps to set forms_path variable,
- Open system property
- Add variable forms_path
- Enter the path where you copied the PLL
- Click to restart System
- Now open the form, the error should not come.
We have shown you how to resolve the FRM-10102 error. I hope you found it useful.
Please share and subscribe.
Reference – Form Builder Errors On Startup FRM-10102: Cannot attach PL/SQL library APPCORE (Doc ID 2003579.1)